Adjunct Faculty - History, Philosophy, and Liberal Studies
Thank you for your interest in working at William Paterson University.
William Paterson University invites applications for the position of Adjunct Faculty within the College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences, Department of History, Philosophy and Liberal Studies.
Thank you for expressing interest in serving as an adjunct faculty member at William Paterson University.
Please note that there may not be a vacancy at this time. Rather, qualified applicants may be contacted if and when there is an immediate need, or on an exploratory basis for a future opening.
For general questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Undergraduate courses in this department are taught both online and in person. Those generally taught by Adjunct Faculty include, but are not limited to:
- Foundations of Civilization
- The Early Modern World
- The Modern World
- U.S. History Through Reconstruction
- Introduction to Philosophy
- Philosophy of Technology
- Philosophy of Religion
The Department of History, Philosophy, and Liberal Studies prepares students for their roles as global citizens and for various career opportunities. We offer a variety of majors and minors to help students develop valuable critical thinking and research skills that will make them employable in a wide range of career opportunities. Students from our programs are prepared to pursue career paths in education, law, museum studies, government, non-profit management, marketing, business, media, and other fields. Our programs also provide outstanding preparation for graduate and law school.
For more information about the department, please visit: https://www.wpunj.edu/cohss/departments/history-philosophy-and-liberal-studies/
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Using the course outline and sample syllabus as guides, develop relevant syllabi in order to deploy course content, objectives, and methods of student assessment for up to six (6) credits per semester in undergraduate course(s) (see course listing above).
- Contribute to student success by providing consistent and effective support and guidance through role modeling and mentoring and being available to the students for their questions and needs.
- Teach in person and/or online depending upon course schedules and department needs.
Required Qualifications for Undergraduate Courses:
- Earned Master's or PhD in History, Philosophy, or a related field
- Ability to teach in person and/or online.
- One or more semesters teaching in higher education
- Experience teaching both online and in person.
Personal Attributes and Traits:
- Demonstrated commitment to content, teaching excellence, assessment strategies, and positive outcomes.
- Demonstrated commitment to engage in continuous pedagogical and professional development activities.
- Capable of exhibiting patience and resourcefulness in managing classroom and student challenges.
- Interest in promoting student community life through campus events and activities.
Invitation to apply:
Interested candidates will be prompted to complete an application and submit a cover letter to https://wpunj.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobid=1746
Submission of all documents listed is required for consideration. General questions related to this application process, please contact email@example.com
Click here to view the total rewards of working at WP
William Paterson University is committed to protecting your privacy and will not sell your personal information.
William Paterson University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race or ethnicity, sex/gender (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, civil union status, familial status, religion, national origin or citizenship, military service status, or any other category protected by law. William Paterson University does not discriminate on the basis of any category stated above or as prohibited by applicable law. Individuals from historically underrepresented backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
For more information, visit University Facts
To apply, visit https://wpunj.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/ext/job/William-Paterson-University/Adjunct-Faculty---History--Philosophy--and-Liberal-Studies_R264
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency