Adjunct Faculty - Community and Social Justice Studies
Thank you for your interest in working at William Paterson University.
William Paterson University invites applications for the position of Adjunct Faculty within the College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences (CAHSS), Department of Community and Social Justice Studies (CSJS).
Thank you for expressing interest in serving as an adjunct faculty member at William Paterson University.
Please note that there may not be a vacancy at this time. Rather, qualified applicants may be contacted if and when there is an immediate need, or on an exploratory basis for a future opening.
For general questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Undergraduate courses in this department are taught both online and in person. Those generally taught by Adjunct faculty include, but are not limited to:
- Race, Gender and Social Justice
- Introduction to Women's Studies
- Language Matters
- Diversity and Origins of Humans
- Global Transformations and the Human Condition
- Culture, Multiculturalism and Identity
- Latin American Studies
The Department of Community and Social Justice Studies (CSJS) offers B.A. degrees in Anthropology, Africana World Studies, Community Development and Social Justice, and Women's and Gender Studies. Our programs include hands-on learning activities and field experiences. Students have the opportunity to work with faculty on ongoing research and advocacy projects. They also develop skills through the Department's collaborative partnerships with local organizations and communities in northern New Jersey. Our faculty view our classrooms and our courses as sites where participatory, collaborative and collegial learning takes place. We strive to create a mutually respectful and inclusive environment that practices and fosters social justice. Our majors and courses are designed to help students develop critical perspectives and marketable skills to be advocates for communities and work in the public, private, non-governmental, and not-for-profit sectors, or to pursue graduate study. For more information about the department, please visit https://wpunj.edu/cohss/departments/community-and-social-justice-studies/index.html
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Using the course outline as a guide, develop relevant syllabi in order to deploy course content, objectives, and methods of student assessment for up to six (6) credits per semester in an undergraduate course (see course listing above).
- Contribute to student success by providing consistent and effective support and guidance through role modeling and mentoring and being available to the students for their questions and needs.
- Teach in person and/or online depending upon course schedules and department needs.
Required Qualifications for Undergraduate courses:
- Ph.D. in any social science
- At least 1 year of full time or part-time teaching experience.
- Ability to teach online.
- Ph.D. in the related disciplines of Anthropology, Africana World Studies (or Ethnic Studies, Black Studies, etc.), Women's and Gender Studies, or Community Development (or Development Studies, Community Studies), or Social Justice Studies or their equivalent.
- Experience teaching both online and in person.
Personal Attributes and Traits:
- Ability to work with a very diverse student body
- Experience and ability to translate ordinary experiences / current events into pedagogical approaches that enhance curriculum relevance.
- Demonstrated commitment to engage in continuous professional development activities.
- Demonstrated commitment to content, teaching excellence, assessment strategies, and positive outcomes.
- Capable of exhibiting patience and resourcefulness in managing student challenges.
- Ability to effectively address competing wants and needs by developing and sustaining robust working relationships in a diverse environment.
- Demonstrated ability to set and work toward common goals in a collaborative environment.
Invitation to apply
Interested candidates will be prompted to: Complete an application and submit a cover letter
Submission of all documents listed is required for consideration.
General questions related to this application process, please contact email@example.com
Click here to view the total rewards of working at WP
William Paterson University is committed to protecting your privacy and will not sell your personal information.
William Paterson University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race or ethnicity, sex/gender (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, civil union status, familial status, religion, national origin or citizenship, military service status, or any other category protected by law. William Paterson University does not discriminate on the basis of any category stated above or as prohibited by applicable law. Individuals from historically underrepresented backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
For more information, visit University Facts
To apply, visit https://wpunj.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/ext/job/William-Paterson-University/Adjunct-Faculty---Community-and-Social-Justice-Studies_R266
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency